Expert Advice and Training on Lean Accounting
BMA is the world’s leading lean accounting training and consulting firm. Our comprehensive education classes and lean accounting implementation approach are designed to create a robust, sustainable lean accounting system for any lean organization.
BMA’s approach to lean accounting was developed in the mid-1990’s to support lean management and lean manufacturing. It began as a method to understand the financial benefits of lean manufacturing (although in those days it was called just-in-time).
BMA, led by Brian Maskell, realized it was necessary to develop an accounting, control, and management system for lean organizations that is simple to use, understandable to everybody, timely, practical for financial control and decision-making, but …… does not require a lot of work.
BMA’s lean accounting practices have been developed around the following principles:
- clearly understood by everyone in the company
- drives increasing customer value
- provides excellent information for decision-making
- fully complies with GAAP
- has rigorous financial and operational controls
- and frees-up time for the company’s financial controllers and CFO.