- This event has passed.
The Lean Profit Model, an online workshop
December 1, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
A BMA online-interactive and gemba-based workshop
Instructor & coach: BMA Partner Mike De Luca (email@example.com M: 206-465-9077)
Many organizations, whether just beginning their Lean journey or well down the path, want to understand how their investment in Lean Thinking is impacting their financial outcomes. While traditional Finance and Accounting methods were designed primarily to support traditional, mass production manufacturing, Lean principles and methods require a new visibility and insight into drivers of financial outcomes in businesses of all industries and sectors, accompanied by performance measures and accounting information to fully understand and make visible the benefits of the Lean transformation and strategy.
This online workshop is based on The Lean Profit Model, developed by Jean Cunningham and detailed in her book The Value Add Accountant, describes the lean drivers of financial improvement on both operating profit (income statement) and capital capacity (balance sheet).
This workshop uses an online classroom-based approach combining training, simulation and discussions and an assignment to explain and illustrate these lean drivers of financial outcomes.
In session #1, you will learn and begin to apply the drivers of the Lean Profit Model using an Excel simulation. Between sessions, you will have a gemba-based practical application assignment to investigate these drivers in your own organizations or in an organization you have worked closely with.
In session #2, participants will report out and discuss their learnings and the workshop will conclude with additional applied examples and post-workshop action planning. Individual coaching sessions can be scheduled between classes to answer questions and following the second class to discuss any final questions.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to quantify and make visible the benefits of Lean thinking
- Several approaches to capture the value of Lean activities
- How to apply the Lean profit model to your own organization
- To evaluate where the benefits will and will not appear on the financial statements over time
Tuesday November 17, 1:00 – 3:00 pm US Eastern time: Class #1
- Profit model overview, discussion and application using Excel simulation
- Assignment: identify specific examples of each profit model driver via gemba walk
Tuesday December 1, 1:00 – 3:00 pm US Eastern time: Class #2
- Debrief assignment; additional applied examples
- Action planning and wrap-up
- Individual: $400.00 and must be paid by credit card upon registration.
- Company discounts (3 or more registrants) are available; please contact Nick Katko (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Registration – limited to 12 participants
Meeting Platform: Zoom
Registrants will receive Zoom invitations prior to each class
Continuing Education Credits for CPAs: 4 hours of CPE credit through this workshop
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet
CPE Credits Earned: 4 (You must attend each live class)